Thursday, January 3, 2013

First Dream in 2013


I had a vivid dream last night, the first dream I remember among hundreds I must have forgotten in my sleepy meanderings.

I went into a school library, just a small room in one of our country's rural areas.  I vaguely remember tinges of baby blue, a few books and chairs, and surprisingly, an aircon that I didn't know but soon noticed still worked.  The students were all grade school boys, and I immediately got along with them. There was a lady guard or a librarian -- I forget -- who spoke to me and confided that the students lacked school supplies. Before I could say anything, around 2-4 public school teachers came in. They didn't look surprised to see me. In fact, one of them (a young woman whose face I could still somewhat recall) seemed to know me. At least that was the impression that I got.  They didn't say much when I told them that I should get going. The teacher who seemingly knew me was too busy with a student. Something in her face told me that she was disappointed in me. She couldn't even look me in the eye. The students were sad to see that I was leaving. I was sad that I was leaving.