Monday, July 25, 2011

Music Monday: Jars of Clay



For Music Monday, I bring you unplugged versions of two of my favorite Jars of Clay songs --  Love Song for a Savior and Worlds Apart.
If the flash player below doesn't work, click on the following Youtube links
Love Song for a Savior (with lyrics) Youtube
Worlds Apart Youtube

I got introduced to Jars of Clay, a Christian rock band, way back in high school.  I wasn't a Christian then, and many of my friends weren't, but their song Flood just flooded the airwaves and got our attention.  In college, I heard another Jars of Clay song Hymn being played by our organization's guitarist.  I had that song in my head for weeks, and it's still one of my favorite songs until now.

credit: breathecast.christianpost.com

The band's name was based on the New International Version's translation of 2 Corinthians 4:7:
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."
Their music is inspiring and uplifting without being cheesy or "religious".  I like Jars of Clay because of their contemporary rock rifts and poetic lyrics all written to glorify God.  If you like alternative rock and beautiful lyrics that would quiet your heart, listen to Jars of Clay.